Tuesday, May 19, 2020

Castellan's quilt

Happy first birthday! Since it happened during the COVID-19 quarantine, we didn't get to go to his birthday party, but a whole van full of the kids drove out with Matt to deliver the denim quilt that was a joint effort.


Made all with stuff we had already on hand (nice to have a stash in the basement!) we put this one together with a fun fleece with cars on it and the girls helped me pick the color of yarn to tie it with - actually three colors! Something we haven't done before on one of these!

Leah and Rinnah helped sew the quilt top (actually one we had done up ahead of time about a year ago, maybe?), then Rinnah, Evania and I machine stitched the binding. Gloria, who I don't yet let use the machine, was the cutter while I strung the yarn through, and Evania helped trim the yarn after I tied it. Ebenezer just tested it out. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment