Monday, March 29, 2004

Flannel and t-shirt memory quilt (SewingBAG)


 This is one of many "memory" quilts I made for clients of my sewing business. This particular one is a combination of college and high school t-shirts and a collection of flannel pajamas that the recipient's grandmother had gotten for all of the grandkids for Christmas every year. We pulled in some of the flannel pajamas onto the quilt top to make enough material, and also used some of the solid parts of the t-shirts to do the same (and to unify the color scheme - the green is a good example of this - I also used the green as my inspiration for the cotton fabric I bias cut for the binding.)

This was machine pieced, hand tied with polyester batting - probably an 8 oz weight. The back of the quilt (top photo) was a new adventure for me, piecing together all of the random bits and fitting them to make a correctly-sized rectangle.

No comments:

Post a Comment