Friday, April 26, 2002

Mom and Dad's quilt


This one is kind of an oddball - an unusual mix of the denim quilts Matt and I enjoy making together, and the Frank Lloyd Wright inspired stained glass window quilts I've tried. We used the exposed serging on some of the seams to be the leading in the glass. ;) I think what's most appealing about this quilt is the size (a large lap blanket) and the soft corduroy backing. From somewhere I can no longer remember I received a whole bolt of this corduroy, and it's shown up in many projects over the years - a quilt backing here, but we've also made a little jumper that our girls made and a cushion for the wagon out of it. It shows up in the oddest places. ;) The red satin was left over from the bridesmaid dresses my mom made for our wedding.

The quilt was machine pieced and serged, and hand tied. The tag was hand embroidered and machined onto the back of the quilt.

No comments:

Post a Comment