Wednesday, March 26, 1997

Matt's quilt

To celebrate our second Christmas together, my lucky boyfriend got a quilt! I was inspired by a quilt that my grandparents had made for me when I went to college which was made out of old jeans. I don't even remember how I got enough old pants to put together a whole quilt for Matt, but I did. I don't know if I used the flannel on the front to make it pretty or because I didn't have enough denim to make it as big as I wanted it! Regardless, this was the first denim quilt for me, and started something I don't think either Matt or I anticipated!

Size - probably roughly twin size - mostly just big enough to cover him all up. This was machine sewn and serged in green with the serging out, just like my grandparents had done for me, and then tied with green yarn at the corners of the squares. Filling was polyester batt, and the backing was flannel.

No comments:

Post a Comment